Thursday, December 16, 2010

Author events

I've been told that if you want to be a hit with your publisher, you should commit yourself to marketing. The School Manager of Pelican Publishing commented how excited she is about all the events I've lined up for the book's release. What can you do?

Perhaps I've listed some things before. Contact as many people as possible. Start a Facebook Fan Page. Network wherever you go. Make business cards and pass them out liberally. Consider making bookmarks. I gave a recipe for that before. Since then I've decided to have them done professionally at a local business. Join social media groups. Work with your publisher. Check out other markets such as, in my case, businesses that deal in cowboy clothing. Join author events. I have access to one but it costs a small fortune to have a booth. I'm thinking about it. Think publicity. Plan now for interview questions. Update your website. These are but a few suggestions. If you have more, please comment.

Things are heating up for the release. News from the publisher indicates the Denver Art Museum has backordered books already. Pelican says response has been great.

Local events include book signings at several locations.

  • February 17th, 506:30 pm, Small Business Development Center Networking Event in Loveland
  • February 26th, 1:00 p.m., Old Firehouse Books 
  • The Loveland Museum/Gallery hosts a signing/presentation on March 19th, 1-3.
  • March 26th, I'll conduct a teacher workshop on how to get children to enjoy, interact, look thoroughly at art, and how to incorporate art into other curriculum subjects.
  • April 13th, Primrose School in Denver
For more information and locations, check my website.

I'll be adding a signing at Reader's Cove soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment